Typical for any metropolitan area, the quality of the water in the Wichita area can be spotty. A proven method for maintaining high-quality water throughout your home is the installation of a Zeta Rod® Water Treatment System.
Zeta Rod® systems offer a patented method for electronically controlling corrosion and particulate deposits in your home’s water system. The Zeta Rod® system originally was designed for use in mining operations. Now a Zeta Rod® is available for home use.
The science of Zeta Rod® water treatment for your home:
- This patented system uses advanced capacitor-based technology.
- Zeta Rods®reduce or eliminate the formation of scale and biofouling without the use of chemicals such as salts and other water-softening agents.
- Biofouling is an accumulation of microorganisms on wet surfaces.
- A ceramic rod-shaped electrode, the Zeta Rod®, is energized by a system that converts standard AC power (120 to 240 VAC) to 30,000 volts direct current.
- This rod is inserted into a reaction chamber and then plumbed directly into a home’s incoming water pipe system. The chamber containing the rod and the grounding surfaces of the pipe form the Zeta Rod® capacitor.
- As water passes through this capacitor, the naturally occurring electrical charge of bacteria and scale-causing microorganisms is increased. This causes these tiny particles to repel each other and remain suspended, preventing them from bonding together.
- When bacteria and minerals are unable to attach to surfaces, they are prevented from forming scale, or producing bio-corrosion and bio-film.
- Any existing scale or bio-film is electrically charged and dispersed.
Benefits of a Zeta Rod® system:
- This system requires very little, if any, maintenance after proper installation.
- The additional electrical usage is minimal.
- There are no chemicals or salts added to your water.
- Pipes, water heaters, drains and plumbing fixtures are not damaged by accumulated build-up.
A Zeta Rod® system is available as a pre-assembled kit and can installed by a knowledgeable do-it-yourself homeowner. However, for best results, installation by a licensed plumbing contractor is recommended. At Comfort Systems, we have more than 120 years of service in the Wichita area. Contact us today to discuss a Zeta Rod® system for your home.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Wichita, Kansas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about Zeta Rod Water Treatment Systems and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.