What is a ductless AC system?
If you are in the market for a new air conditioner, you need to find the right one to meet your needs. At Comfort Systems, we have a tremendous amount of experience working with a wide variety of air conditioners, and we can help you find the right one to meet your needs. One of the most popular systems is a ductless HVAC system. If you have a central air system at home, you probably have ductwork that runs throughout your home. What if you don’t have this type of ductwork? A ductless AC system might be the right option for you.
What Is a Ductless AC System?
There are several types of ductless AC systems, and the most common type is called a ductless mini-split. This is a system that has one outdoor unit and one indoor unit. Then, these two components are connected using electrical wiring and refrigerant tubing.
The indoor unit is typically attached to the wall. It is responsible for delivering air directly into your living space without requiring any ductwork. This is called a single-zone system, but there are multi-zone systems available as well. You can work with the professional team from Comfort Systems to customize your system to meet your needs.
A single-zone system only requires one hole in the wall to install the system, making it a popular choice. Furthermore, you don’t have to worry about snaking ductwork through your home or office.
How Does a Ductless AC System Work?
A ductless air conditioning system uses the same process as a central air conditioner when it comes to cooling your home. A ductless system uses an indoor unit, an evaporator coil, a blower fan, and an outdoor unit with a compressor and condenser coil. Then, these two units are connected together using refrigerant tubing and electrical wiring.
The outdoor unit is responsible for using refrigerant, pumping it through the coil with the indoor unit. Then, heat and humidity are removed via the refrigerant, leaving nothing but cold air on the inside. Finally, the indoor unit is responsible for pumping the cool air back into the room, keeping you cool. Instead of relying on ductwork to cool the room, there is an indoor unit that does the job.
The Benefits of a Ductless AC System
If you decide to go with a ductless AC system, there are several benefits you will enjoy. They include:
- The installation process is easy, as you do not have to worry about any patching or painting that is typically associated with ductwork.
- You don’t need to worry about having complicated wiring installed in your home, as the outdoor and indoor units are connected through a singular hole in the wall.
- It is easy to cool a relatively large space such as your attic, basement, or garage.
- If you have an older building, you can preserve its integrity with a ductless system.
- If you need to have one room in your home at a slightly different temperature, a ductless AC system can help you with that.
- Because the system is a lot smaller, the maintenance tasks are typically a lot easier. This is another way the system can help you save money.
- Because there are fewer moving parts, less can go wrong, so you should experience fewer repair bills, as long as you take good care of the system.
It is important for you to think about the benefits and drawbacks of each air conditioner before you decide which one is right for you. At Comfort Systems, we would be happy to review the pros and cons of each option with you, helping you make the right decision for your needs.
Contact Comfort Systems for Help With Your Air Conditioner
A ductless AC system could be the right option for your home or office. If you want to get the most out of this system, it is important for you to take care of it. At Comfort Systems, we would be happy to work with you to find the right hair conditioner for your needs. We can discuss ductless AC systems, along with multiple other options, to help you make the right decision. Contact us today to speak to a member of our team.