Radiant Heating: Efficient, Flexible and a Smart Choice for Anyone With Allergies
Posted on October 29, 2013
When those chilly Wichita autumns set in, thinking about home heating options comes to mind. And when you’re considering options for your new or remodeled home, radiant heating is arguably the cleanest and greenest heating solution.
What Is Radiant Heating?
Radiant heating is installed under the floor and warms the room from the bottom up. The heat is delivered either by wires in the floor or by heated water and can be installed under most flooring materials. Heat is distributed in a uniform fashion across the entire floor all at once. This comfortably surrounds the living space with warmth rather than circulating warm air throughout the room.
What Are the Benefits?
- Cleaner air: No dust, dirt and allergens blowing around the house make it perfect for allergy sufferers.
- Energy efficient: Radiators and forced-air furnaces circulate air inefficiently, while radiant heat evenly warms the entire room. Also, no heat is lost in transit through ducts.
- Extremely quiet: No loud motor or noisy blower.
- Works well with a zoning system, as each room can be operated independently.
- Comfort: Heat coming from the floor makes you feel warmer than heat blowing out of air ducts. In addition, a radiant system heats the furniture, adding to your comfort.
Installing a radiant heat system in an existing space can entail quite a bit of construction, including the removal of all flooring material. But if you’re building new or already remodeling, a radiant system is an ideal choice.
For more information on how radiant heating can make your home more comfortable and energy efficient, call the pros at Comfort Systems. We have been providing expert service to Wichita-area homeowners for more than 60 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Wichita, Kansas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about allergies and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.