Now is the Perfect Time to Prep Your Furnace for Winter
Posted on September 25, 2015
- Thorough inspection of the entire unit
- Check for leaks and unhealthy gasses like carbon monoxide
- Inspect the outdoor exhaust flue
- Examine the flame on the pilot light for irregularities
- Secure blower doors
- Change the filter
What You Can Do
As a responsible homeowner there are things you can do, and should do, to ensure your furnace is ready for heavy winter use. Putting in a little effort now before the first blast of winter air gets here can save you from high heating bills and inefficient heat transfer later on.
- Make sure vents throughout the house are not obstructed
- Never store flammable objects near your furnace
- Check furnace filters on a monthly basis during peak winter months. Clean or replace as needed.
- Vacuum dust and debris from vents and air ducts
Comfort Systems is dedicated to servicing all of your home comfort needs. Contact us to schedule your affordable furnace inspection today – (316) 265-7831