It’s been a hot summer and cooler weather is finally here. While it’s nice to give your air conditioner a break, it’s time to think about keeping warm when cooler temperatures arrive this fall. Check out these heating tips to make sure you stay warm when things get cool.
- Replace your furnace filters – Your air quality is important and you should be changing your filters at least every three months, particularly if you have pets. That means you should change your filter now and go ahead and put a reminder on your calendar to change it in three month. You should also check to make sure your water heater and furnace are properly ventilated.
- Heat needs to circulate – You’ve gotten your furnace checked out and know it’s working at peak performance, but you should walk through your home to check the heat circulation. You will want to make sure that rugs, drapes and furniture are not obstructing vents. Not only will that keep your home warm, it will eliminate a serious fire hazard.
- Tune up your heating system – Have a heating and cooling professional perform a tune-up, including regular system maintenance and an inspection. This should be done annually to ensure your heating system will operate at peak performance.
- Keep your registers and radiators dust-free. A clean radiator will function at a higher level.
- Change your thermostat- Installing an Energy Star programmable thermostat will help you regulate your home’s temperature while saving your money. It can be programmed to change settings at different times of day.
Learn more energy saving and heating tips to make your home more efficient. For more expert advice about keeping your home comfortable in cooler temperatures and other heating tips, please contact Comfort Systems. We’ve been serving the Wichita area since 1996.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Wichita, Kansas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about home heating tips and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.