6 Quick Spring Energy-Saving Tips
Now that spring is here it’s time to start taking advantage of longer, warmer days to save energy. Summer heat isn’t far away which means your cooling system will likely be employed. Instead of grinning and bearing high energy costs, think wisely about summer and spring energy-saving tips to live by:
- Employ Windows Wisely: Keep south-facing windows covered during the heat of the day. At night, when temperatures drop, give your air conditioner (A/C) a rest by opening windows to let the cool breeze cool your home.
- Program Your Thermostat: A programmable thermostat will help save energy and money because you can set temperatures to coincide with the times you are away from home.
- Avoid Adding Heat to Your Home: On hot days, use the grill instead of the oven or do laundry during cooler nighttime hours to avoid adding more heat to your home.
- Dry Laundry Outside: Let Mother Nature dry your clothes this summer instead of wasting energy on your dryer.
- Reduce Water Temperature: Turning the temperature down on your water heater to 120 degrees will save energy while you enjoy cooling off after a hot day.
- Maintain Your A/C unit: Make sure your A/C is working as efficiently as possible by scheduling a spring maintenance appointment. A qualified technician can clean filters, check major system components and make sure your cooling system is up to par.
For more information on spring energy-saving tips and other home comfort issues, contact Comfort Systems today. We’ve been serving the Wichita area for over a decade.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Wichita, Kansas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about energy-saving tips and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.