Air Purification Systems Target Many Types Of Pollutants
Posted on January 17, 2013
You might eat right and exercise for the health benefits but have you ever thought about how the air you breathe inside your home may affect your health? Using an air purification system can give you the confidence that the air you’re breathing in your home is clean and safe.
Some of the pollutants in our home than can adversely impact your health include:
- Mold spores
- Pet dander
- Dust mites
- Secondhand smoke
- VOCs (volatile organic compounds). These are some of the main pollutants eroding indoor air quality
An air purification system can help keep the air in your home clean and reduce the chance of illness, allergies and upper respiratory irritation adversely affecting your health.
Air purification systems work by drawing air into a specially designed filter. The air is then purified before it is released back into your home. There are two main types of systems:
- Room air purification systems work on a small scale cleaning one room at a time by cycling the air through several times an hour. They commonly use a replaceable filter that needs to be changed often.
- Whole house air purification systems work on a bigger scale. Drawing the air through large filters that are either located in the main air duct or in a stand-alone system. This air is filtered and then pushed through your heating and cooling system or else through a separate distribution system.
There are three main types of filters used by these systems to catch pollutants and keep the air clean:
- HEPA filters are the most highly rated and can capture some of the smallest particulates in your indoor air.
- Electrostatic charge uses an electric charge to pull the pollutants out of the air.
- Washable filters can be taken out of your air purification system and washed many times over.
Consider installing an air purification system so you can rest and breathe easier in your home.
For more information regarding air purification systems or your other home comfort needs, please contact the experts at Comfort Systems. Serving the greater Wichita area, we provide comfort in your home and comfort in your wallet.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Wichita, Kansas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about air purification systems and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.