Have you been avoiding that inevitable air conditioner replacement? Putting it off may not be the best choice. Here’s a look at what you stand to gain by making the decision to upgrade to high-efficiency cooling equipment right now.
Seven benefits of an air conditioner replacement
- Tax incentives – It’s wise to take advantage of this perk immediately, because it will be gone before you know it. From now until the end of 2013, you can earn a $300 federal energy tax credit on the purchase and installation of an energy-efficient central A/C or heat pump.
- Reduced cooling costs – With energy costs on the rise, there’s never been a better time to purchase a more efficient air conditioner. New cooling systems come with numerous features to promote energy savings, and have higher efficiency ratings than the equipment that was manufactured only a few years ago. This translates to a decrease in energy consumption and lowered utility bills.
- Dependable equipment – Save yourself from the stress and expense of a mid-season breakdown. A new A/C will run smoothly all summer, and with proper maintenance, will operate at peak performance levels for many years.
- Boosted comfort – Want your home to feel cooler and less muggy? A new cooling system is the answer. Today’s equipment is designed to promote more even temperatures and is better able to control humidity.
- Improved air quality – With better moisture control, your home will be at a reduced risk for mold and mildew growth, which can threaten your indoor air quality.
- More environmentally friendly – Do your part to “go green” by switching to an A/C that utilizes the EPA-approved refrigerant R-410A, which doesn’t deplete the ozone.
- Warranty assurance – An air conditioner system replacement can provide you with warranty protection – typically one year labor and ten years on the equipment parts. In addition, you may purchase extended labor warranties up to ten years. For a quote on an air conditioner replacement, contact the experts at Comfort Systems. We’re proud to serve residents of the greater Wichita area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Wichita, Kansas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about air conditioner replacement and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.